90 MINUTE LUNCH ‘N LEARNS
We’ve streamlined select content that can be presented as a ‘Lunch ‘N Learn’ program (or early morning or late in the day) where only one to two hours may be all that’s available. We incorporate samples and scenarios unique to the client’s organization and dynamics so that the training represents our client’s unique culture and desired outcomes.
Our more commonly requested programs are below. We will customize to a specific need or interest if requested.
- Conflict is inevitable. We focus on the conditions of conflict and how to ensure it’s addressed in the spirit of high engagement and team performance.
- Learn a model that addresses the five forms of conflict management
- Leverage the best aspects of conflict in a diverse work environment
- Tips and best practices to address conflict conditions in the moment and over time
- Active listening / influence with respect
- Define the key factors that impact Customer Service
- Understand the Customer Service competencies
- Develop an action plan for a strong Customer Service Program
DiSC® / MYERS-BRIGGS BEHAVIORAL ASSESSMENTS
- We help you decide the best fit for your organization – DiSC®or Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Increase your self-knowledge: how you respond to conflict, what motivates you, what causes you stress and how you solve problems
- Improve working relationships by recognizing the communication needs of team members
- Facilitate better teamwork and minimize team conflict
- Manage more effectively by understanding the dispositions and priorities of employees and team members
- Become more self-knowledgeable, well-rounded and effective leaders
- Understanding the top diversity issues
- Provide strategies for dealing with diversity and inclusion
- Discuss the advantages of diversity and inclusion
- Building your diversity program
- Begin with the end in mind
- At Will | Right to Work | Severance | Wages in Lieu
- Voluntary & Involuntary separations
- Documentation Defense
- Assesses the risk prior to…
- Termination Meeting
- Unemployment Guidance
- Understanding the critical responsibility of leadership to set a standard for ethical behavior
- How to balance high competition with doing the right thing
- Insight to differing values, customs, global relations/communications
- Explore ethical tenants and situations that will help you ensure a more ethical workplace for your employees and a business your customers can trust
- Employee Population
- Know the definition of workplace harassment & discrimination
- Know the definition of sexual harassment in the workplace
- Know about other forms of harassment
- Review with company harassment policies
- Know what to do if you or someone else is being harassed
- Manager Awareness
- Being Good Stewards & First Line of Defense
- Triggers & Red Flags to Pay Attention
- Think before You Speak or React
- Understand the Laws /Building a Mindful Culture
- Ensuring all reasonable steps to prevent harassment & discrimination
- Codifying and understanding the internal complaint process
- Understanding definition of retaliation /safeguarding against
- Expectations & Traits of Quality Managers
- Employment Law Overview & Discriminatory Practices – “What to be Aware of” & “Know When to Pause & Seek Guidance”
- Situations & Interactive Examples with Discrimination, Pay Practices, Harassment, Disabilities, Avoiding Retaliation, Protected Absences, Privacy, Hiring Basics, Constructive Discharge
- Common Types of Unethical Behavior
- Common Q&A & Practical Tips
- An overview of the behavioral interviewing process
- Methods and tools
- Sample behavioral interview questions
- Overview of legal obligations to conduct a compliant interview – the Do’s and Don’ts
- Ensure you’re hiring for high productivity and fit – avoid the “attitude problems” that may derail your department
- Overview of Employment and Workplace Laws – What, How, When & Consequences
- Understanding a Manager’s role as an “Agent of the Company” & Steps to Protect the Company
- Responding to potential issues that put the company at risk; How to be Good Stewards of the Company & Reduce the Company’s Risk Exposure
- Professionalism in the Workplace (attitude, gossip, workplace communications)
- Investigations, Communications & What to do when a Claim is Filed
- Manager & Leader Role Play Exercises for Practical Application
- Review millennial values
- Understand their influencing factors
- Discuss their career components
- Understand what they want/don’t want from their careers
- How can you tap into the wealth of talent on your team?
- Everyone has certain strengths…how can you leverage these strengths for greater productivity?
- Gain tips and tools for managing the talent on your team
- Understanding the types of negotiations and how we can use them for successful outcomes
- Knowing the Core Principles of negotiation and how to use them
- Learning the steps to a successful negotiation
- An overview of the process and elements of performance management
- Creating a culture of accountability
- Aligning vision to annual corporate goal setting to organizational goal setting to individual results
- How to create SMART goals
- Real time feedback process and methodologies
- Linking performance to pay
- Design presentations that inform, persuade, inspire/motivate or instruct audiences
- Speak effectively in a variety of situations
- Handling the stress of presenting
- Use presentational tools and techniques that keep audiences engaged
- Understanding how stress quietly starts and spreads
- Learn a 20-minute strategy for rest, recovery, and balance inside the work day at your desk
- Easy to experience and enjoy, a customized, office-friendly set of techniques that can be done at your desk
- Empower teams to cope with the challenges that permeate all of work and life
- Learn how to get people to say YES to you more often and with less effort. Persuasion is an art, but it is also a science, and persuasion skills can be learned – Yes, you can become very persuasive
- Based on the New York Times Bestseller Influence – The Psychology of Persuasionby Dr. Cialdini on the 6 fundamental Principles of Persuasion: Social Proof, Authority, Liking/Similarity, Scarcity, Reciprocation, Commitment/Consistency – over 3 million copies sold and published in over 30 languages
- Maurizio Basso, Instructor, has been a featured Invited Speaker with this presentation at Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce, UT McCombs School of Business, and Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Getting to the root cause through openness and transparency and creating a safe space for brainstorming
- Identifying an Organization’s advantages and successful qualities that may be hampered because of gaps, problems, moral or commitment
- Gaining acceptance of issues that can be solved and identifying ways to cope with what may remain a constant
- Prompting ideas and solutions through a designated team’s eyes to gain true insight & gain buy in
- Creating a road map for staying focused and advancing an agreed upon course of action
- Clarifying goals in order to achieve them
- Handling people and projects that waste time
- Be involved in better delegation
- Work more efficiently with your boss
- Learn practical tools to save time
- Overcome stress and procrastination
- Define workplace violence
- Understand how to recognize the signs of potential violence
- Techniques to diffuse potentially violent situations
- How to respond effectively to workplace violence
- Security procedures to follow
Ask us how best to integrate transformation into your organization, then watch results transform and motivate your employees, your leadership team and ultimately, your bottom line. We can customize a training program or a series to meet all your needs.
Use the Contact Us button or call 512.410.7785 Ext. 0 OR 844.243.3451
ADVANCED LEADERSHIP CURRICULUM
We help emerging and senior leaders improve performance at every level. The programs below are targeted to high influence leaders who seek to reach peak performance professionally and specifically to their role in the company. The extra focus of time and resources results in powerful returns for participants and the business.
LEADERSHIP COACHING / 360s
We have a stable of leadership coaches who bring a range of deep experience — former CEOs and other “C” level roles, certified coaches and industrial psychologists. Every leader has a unique developmental path. We align the coach to the client in order to maximize peak performance.
THE SIX FUNDAMENTALS OF CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS
This two day workshop looks at six powerful fundamentals of champion teams — the lifeline of resilient teams and businesses.
• Proven ways to listen, learn, and share to empower being respectful and resilience
• Perspective management
• Empathetic negotiating for stronger outcomes
• The importance of context and compassion
This two-day workshop is perfect for businesses looking to take that next leap in growth and are committed to thinking and operating in innovative ways. Through this workshop, we will unlock your leadership team’s full potential.
BUSINESS SIMULATION – “Leadership X”
(Four lunch ‘n learns or 2 full day sessions)
Based on extensive leadership development experience and doctoral research, our next-gen, dynamic program can be configured and customized to meet your specific corporate development needs. Built for 2 full days or 4 “lunch and learn” sessions, the engaging game and content will build your leaders through an effective and efficient delivery.
Each participant plays our high-fidelity business situation game on a tablet thereby immersing them in an engaging, competitive and dynamic environment. Participants learn to challenge themselves, question assumptions, explore perspectives and build leadership confidence as part of their leadership journey. To improve retention and application of the high-impact leadership lessons learned, each participant receives an individual assessment report base on their situational judgment decisions.
TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERSHIP WORKSHOPS
Transformational leadership is a particular style of leadership that can inspire others to achieve a vision. It fosters motivation, morale, ownership and performance of the followers who choose to join them. Transformational leaders are role models for others, they can inspire and they truly care about the needs and feelings of their followers and foster innovation and creativity within their followers. In short, they bring out the best in everyone else.
This three tiered program is designed to:
– Optimize the Performance of Your Leadership Team,
– Ensure Your Strategy Permeates the Enterprise, and
– Teach Your Leaders to be Great Coaches of the Organization.
Part One: Optimize the Performance of Your Leadership Team
Many senior leadership teams are a collection of individual functional leaders at the top of their respective games. But instead of mutual trust and commitment, individual leaders protect their functions and fight for limited resources. The solution is to create an environment where it is safe to grow and develop as members of a team with a shared purpose.
This module helps the team rediscover that purpose and measurably develop the advanced leadership competencies needed to leverage their relative strengths to build a High Performance Senior Leadership Team. Through individual and team assessments, experiential exercises and development of a shared purpose, the Senior Leadership Team will significantly improve their collective performance.
• PARTICIPATE IN PRE-PROGRAM INSTRUMENTS
Individual and team-based behavioral and cultural assessments
• ASSESS IMPACT
Gather information on team performance and perception by others
• OUTLINE BUSINESS NEEDS
Prioritize precisely what the entire enterprise needs from the team
• COMMIT TO A SHARED PURPOSE
Develop commitment on a foundation of mutual trust
• STAY ACCOUNTABLE
Providing feedback and coaching to maintain shared accountability
• DEVELOP GROUP AND INDIVIDUAL PLANS
Identify individual and shared developmental gaps and plans to address them
Part Two: Ensure Your Strategy Permeates the Enterprise
Often the company is able to quickly respond to unexpected changes in its market and develop a response at a Senior Leadership retreat. It is then left to gather dust as a PowerPoint slide deck. Developing a successful strategy is difficult but aligning everyone in your company to implement that strategy is critical to success. It is not enough for the Senior Leadership Team to think strategically. How can you engage everyone in the company to understand the new strategy, adopt it and ensure their work aligns?
The Strategic Alignment Process helps an organization get clear about its strategic direction and aligns everyone and every action taken, around that strategy. The workshop guides the Senior Leadership Team through an entire process that results in a step-by-step blueprint to ensure the entire enterprise is being strategic.
• PLAN for SUCCESSFUL RETREATS
Involving tiers of leadership in purpose-designed retreats
• ENROLL YOUR STAKEHOLDERS
Involve all employees in the conversation about strategy
• HOLD EVERYONE ACCOUNTABLE
Hold cross-functional teams accountable to implement strategic initiatives
• COLLECT ESSENTIAL FEEDBACK
Establish multiple feedback loops to leverage talent and knowledge
• BE STRATEGIC
Move from implementing strategy to being strategic
• SET THE STAGE for a LEARNING ORGANIZATION
Develop the ability to continuously transform the organization
Part Three: Teach Your Leaders to be Great Coaches of the Organization
Research shows that leaders who are skilled at coaching their teams can dramatically increase levels of employee engagement, morale and retention. Recognizing that those factors translate directly into higher productivity and profit, many companies have made it a top priority to incorporate leader-as-coach training and develop a culture that embraces this approach.
The workshop shows your leaders exactly how to dance between their various roles, be it coach, facilitator, mentor, trainer or consultant. Through demonstration, experiential exercises and actionable strategies, leaders will learn proven coaching techniques, adopt an effective coaching model and acquire time-tested coaching tools.
• LEARN ONLY WHAT YOU NEED TO LEARN
Pre- and post-workshop self-assessments identify developmental opportunities
• IDENTIFY WHERE AND WHEN TO USE COACHING
Know when and how to use the power of coaching
• USE A PROVEN COACHING MODEL
Learn a process for coaching and practice the skills to use it
• MASTER THE DANCE
Learn how and when to move from manager to coach to trainer
• DEVELOP MEASURABLE COACHING SKILLS
Improve your skills to provide feedback and coaching through experiential exercises
• TAKE TARGETED ACTION
Develop an individualized action plan to implement what is learned
The Advanced Leadership Curriculum is comprised of high-impact, accelerated workshops which are designed specifically for emerging and senior leaders. The workshops may be taken individually or collectively to help leaders develop the competencies required to transform their enterprises.
Use the Contact Us button at the bottom of the screen to get in touch about your training needs.
or call 512.410.7785 Ext. 0 OR 844.243.3451